Monday 23 March 2009

Great guerilla Job near Bethnal Green

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

Was wondering around on the sunny sunday avo just been, on my way to the Bazaart exhibition in Bethnal Green, when I came across this brilliant piece.

I was walking next to the fence and noticed a bunch of plastic cups stuck through the wire mesh fence. The kind of thing you'd see where a bunch of cycle couriers would hang out on a break. I'm not sure what part of it grabbed my attention, but all of a sudden I saw a pattern emerge. I studied it for a while, but couldn't see exactly what it was. Stepping back further and further to take it all in. It's not until you're actually on the other side of the single lane road that you can fully take it in. I thought it was (like all the best ideas) so successful in it's simplicity.

I'd love to see this taken further creatively in public spaces...

No comments: