Wednesday 14 October 2009

Found. Refuse or Art?


Art is in the eye of the beholder. We were wondering around a vacant lot off Brick lane the other day. It's accessed down an alley way heading down the curry end of Brick Lane toward Aldgate end. There's usually some nice bits in there, and I'll chuck up some of those pics in the post after this. Anyway, so there's this hand basin in the ground next to a pile of rubble. It looks to me like it's been aesthetically placed, like some random art piece (to me resembling a face), but I'm the only one that gets it. To every one else it'd just just discarded trash.

There is a guy that does pieces down Brick Lane that are just mysteriously placed wire coat hangers, and another dude who sticks up power points, so why not bathroom fittings? I liked it, so there you go. Thoughts?
.

No comments: